General Summary: Responsible for carrying out the daily duties of a Marine Mechanic, including but not limited to the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of marine diesel engines, outboards engines, transmissions, drive train, HVAC, plumbing, pumps (Gear, worm, centrifuge etc.), holding tanks, and related electrical equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform related duties assigned or as the situation dictates.
• Perform all preventative maintenance (i.e. Fluids check: engine oil, coolant, transmission, battery, lighting, etc.).
• Evaluate and repair faulty mechanical & Electrical systems.
• Conduct service calls to various harbor locations, and or underway vessels; be on call for emergencies as needed.
• Troubleshoot 12/24 Volt DC systems and generators and repair as needed (Electrical systems such as 110, 220, 440 ac/dc).
• Repair, replace, and fabricate plumbing, (i.e. PVC, ABS, Copper, galvanized, and black iron) piping etc.
• Operate hand tools, power tools, and hydraulic systems (i.e. hand/electrical tools, steering etc.).
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to read and decipher blue prints, sketches, etc.
• Maintain accurate records, both paper and electronic, (i.e. purchasing, work orders, engine hours, fluid levels, etc.).
• Maintain a safe work environment, promote best practices.
• Work outdoors/indoors in a variety of weather conditions.
• This is a full time position that requires flexibility, we are a 365 day company, ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Required Skills or Abilities:
• Critical Thinking
• Mathematics (Basic required)
• Reading and writing comprehension
• Mechanical (electrical, plumbing, etc)
• Language: English written and spoken (Spanish a plus)
• Standing, kneeling, walking, bending, stooping, ladders, stairs etc.
• Ability to lift 70lbs
• Microsoft office (Word, Excel etc.)
Additional Skills or abilities:
• Advanced mathematics (Calculus, geometry, physics etc.)
• High School (required)
• BS or Associates in mechanical, marine, or industrial engineering (preferred)
• Certificates or schooling for HVAC, welding, plumbing, electrical, mechanical etc. (preferred)
• At least 2 year(s) Mechanical experience (required)
• At least 5 year(s) Marine diesel applications, gasoline, hydraulics etc. (preferred)
TRAVEL: As required
PAY : Depends upon experience and education
JOB TYPE:Installation - Maintenance – Repair
• Benefits (awarded after completion of required employment)
• CA Driver’s License (Required)
• TWIC card (optional)
• MMD card (optional)
• Certificates (optional)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Women/ Veterans/ Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on a basis of disability.